How long did it take you to recover after having a baby? You don’t just spring back into shape physically and emotionally do you? Even if you can squeeze yourself back into your pre-pregnancy jeans in the first 6 weeks you don’t actually look the same naked anymore do you? And as for your mind….is it forever altered?
We Asked Our Community What They Thought! It’s awesome to know you’re not alone.
- We’re just coming up to 10 months – I thought I was just about getting into my stride a few weeks ago but this week I feel like I’ve been hit by a new wave of emotion! Must be a combination of sheer exhaustion, constant worry, a cold, the realisation of how much weight I’ve gained from eating my way through the past 10 months, and the thought of going back to work in a couple of months ? So at the moment I still don’t feel recovered, and my mind is all over the place! I’m sure it will improve over the next couple of months but at the moment I feel a bit broken.
- I found it took a full year to get back to something like I was before. Can’t bear to look at my ‘partying in ibiza clothes’ that I thought were massive at the time! My outlook has massively changed though. I’ve now got perspective, chilled out big time, but carry guilt around with me at all times.
- Try hard to carve some time out, I really think you have to be a bit “selfish sometimes”!
- 5.5 months into motherhood my brain / hormones still make me feel pregnant. I just want to be me again. But I’m a mess!
- Definitely at least 9 months! I think I only started exercising when J was 10 months and didn’t feel like I was coming out of the haze until he was about 13 months
- Nearly 10 months old now & still not back in shape – not sure things will ever be the same after three!
- More like 29 months to recover.
- My Mum says 39 years and counting…! ?
How are you feeling after having a baby? Come and find us on Social Media and have a chat!